Mission StatementWe, the deacons of the Diocese of Orange, are humble instruments called to joyfully serve those in need by bringing God’s love through our compassionate presence.
General DescriptionThe Office of the Diaconate oversees the permanent diaconate within the Diocese of Orange, including the development and facilitation of formation plus the oversight of the life and ministry of deacons and their wives and families.
Who We Serve
- Their wives and families
- Those interested in joining or discerning a calling to the diaconate
- Those in formation and their wives
What We Provide
- Discernment of a vocation to the diaconate
- Six-month period of selection and discernment for men nominated by their pastors
- Two years of formation for aspirants and wives
- Three years of formation for candidates and wives
- Ongoing education and formation for deacons and wives
- Parish assignments or change of status
- Ministry reviews by deacon personnel board
- Spiritual and community events for diaconate community
- Links to the diaconate within the United States
- To log-in to the Deacon Portal, click here.
- Deacon Tom Saenz, Director – Office of the Permanent Diaconate
- Juan Arellano, Program Coordinator